Sifting through the June jobs report suggests that when it comes to “quality jobs,” this may have been the worst June in recorded U.S. history.
Specifically, in real (i.e. not seasonally adjusted) terms, June 2014 was:
- The worst June ever for full-time employment growth.
- The only June ever in which part-time employment grew.
- For men, the largest June increase in part-time employment ever.
- For women, the only June ever in which full-time employment fell.
- For women, the only June ever in which part-time employment grew.
Source: All the data, which stretches back to 1968, are available from the U,S Department of Labor.