“Under President Joe Biden and one-party Democrat rule in Washington, Americans are increasingly under threat of seeing their way of life buried by a looming avalanche of new policies and regulations, driven by an explosion in new spending, taxes, and debt,” writes Ways and Means Rep. Jason Smith in a new op-ed for the Daily Caller.
American families and workers continue to struggle under Biden’s cruel economy, with shrinking paychecks, a shrinking economy, and a shrinking workforce.
- “Thanks to policies enacted since Biden took the Oath of Office, the federal government will spend $10 trillion more over the next decade than was projected before Biden took office.
- “[The American Rescue Plan] spent $400 billion to pay people not to work, inflaming the labor shortage by making a government check more lucrative than a job. It also left behind a massive trail of waste and abuse – including $783 million in stimulus checks to prisoners, $400 million for state parks and trails in Michigan and even $140 million for a luxury hotel in Florida.”
Democrats’ so-called “Inflation Reduction Act” is false advertising. Studies confirm it worsens record-high inflation on American families and small businesses.
- “With prices on everything from gas to groceries skyrocketing, Democrats once again put their political priorities ahead of the people’s concerns. First they introduced the largest spending bill in U.S. history, the $5 trillion Build Back Better bill. When that effort stalled, Democrats followed up with the $745 billion so-called “Inflation Reduction Act” – a law that economists argue will do nothing to combat inflation and will in fact make it worse.”
Billions of dollars in Democrats’ so-called Inflation Reduction Act will go to special interests, while ignoring the problems Americans face.
- “It is welfare for the wealthy and big corporations that hands out $7,500 subsidies for families earning upwards of $300,000 to purchase luxury electric vehicles (EVs) and another $4,000 to boost the resale price of their old EVs, alongside $362 million for corporate America to make their headquarters ‘greener.’”
- “Low- and middle-income taxpayers will be picking up the tab with higher taxes – including $10 billion in new taxes on families earning less than $200,000 – and a higher cost of living.”
Democrats are supercharging the IRS with 87,000 new agents that will target lower- and middle-income earners.
- “The most telling example of how Democrats want to expand Washington’s power was the $80 billion they earmarked for the IRS in their latest bill. An agency with a troubling track record of unfairly targeting Americans can now hire 87,000 new agents and perform one million more audits annually on people earning less than $200,000.”