“Experts are ringing the alarm bells yet again as worries heighten over potential widespread fraud related to Congress’ proposed spending spree and seeming lack of oversight,” according to a Fox Business report. Problems due to poorly designed unemployment insurance programs haven’t been addressed to keep out fraud in Democrats’ next spending spree.
“Fraud is being perpetrated by domestic and foreign actors. We are successfully disrupting attempted fraud from international organized crime rings, including Russia, China, Nigeria and Ghana, as well as U.S. street gangs.” – Blake Hall, CEO and founder of ID.me.
“Those criminal groups are highly sophisticated. In fact, I [met] with a federal official who explained to me that some of the cartels have better technology now than the federal government. They are focused at scale in stealing this money, and they are having huge amounts of success,” – Haywood Talcove, CEO of LexisNexis Risk Solutions Government, a leading risk solutions group.
“Due to the poorly designed, too generous, COVID unemployment programs, we are experiencing the greatest theft of tax dollars and the greatest theft of workers from Main Street in American history.” – Ways and Means Republican Leader Kevin Brady (R-TX).
CLICK HERE to read the full article from Fox Business.
Republicans Have Been Fighting Against Unchecked Unemployment Fraud.
- Rep. Brady, along with House Republicans, introduced the Combatting COVID Unemployment Fraud Act of 2021 in May to prevent fraud in COVID unemployment programs, recover fraudulently paid benefits, and provide relief for taxpayers and victims of unemployment fraud.
- Republicans have been sounding the alarm on the rampant fraud and abuse in COVID unemployment programs for months.
While Democrats are Sabotaging Our Jobs Recovery, Criminals are Lining Their Pockets with Billions in Taxpayer Funds.
- Top officials at the Labor Department estimate that at least $63 billion, and as much as $89 billion, in unemployment benefits have been improperly paid since March 2020, largely due to fraud. The true amount is unknown. Officials at ID.me estimate it could be as much as $400 billion based on their digital identity proofing technology.
- Democrats will raise taxes on working families to pay for their $3.5 trillion spending spree with no additional protections against fraud.
- Unchecked unemployment fraud is delaying legitimate payments, diverting funds away from unemployed workers, and turning thousands of Americans into unwitting identity theft victims.
It’s Time to Stop Democrats’ Emergency Spending and Get America Back to Work.
- As President Biden and Democrats try to push through another multi-trillion-dollar spending bill, Americans have already received unprecedented government relief from Congress.
- Democrats’ runaway spending is shrinking the paychecks of America’s working families with surging inflation and consumer prices increasing the most in 13 years.
- Job creators are begging people to return to the workforce with added incentives—increasing the prices they charge to customers on a budget.