Today, the national average for a gallon of gas exceeded $5.00—more than double the average price of $2.39 on President Biden’s first day in office.
While President Biden has attempted to shift blame for rising gas prices onto Russia’s invasion of Ukraine as “Putin’s Price Hike,” some in the Administration are touting higher energy costs as reason to “accelerate” Democrats’ “Green New Deal” agenda.
Now, while Americans grapple with rising prices, the Biden Administration only has plans to worsen the crisis with tax hikes and gimmicks. As the New York Post reports:
“So far, the Administration’s attempts to lower prices, such as a release of oil from the strategic reserve, has proven ineffective.”
As Democrats Wage Their “War on American Energy,” Americans Suffer:
- Skyrocketing gas prices will now cost the average American household an extra $2,800 per year. Just this year, families will spend $5,000 on gas, a 78 percent increase from a year ago.
- Nearly two thirds of Americans say rising gas prices have prompted them to cut household expenses, according to a recent survey.
- On day one, President Biden canceled the Keystone XL pipeline and froze leases for new exploration.
- Last month, the Biden Administration canceled oil and gas lease sales in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico.
Democrats’ Economic Policies Fueled the Inflation Fire:
- A San Francisco Federal Reserve analysis shows that the U.S. is leading the world on inflation due to “sizable fiscal support measures aimed at counteracting the economic collapse due to the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- Before the crisis in Ukraine, the Administration dismissed inflation as “transitory.”
- When it became obvious higher prices were here to stay, the Biden Administration passed the buck onto everyone – accusing entire industries of “price gouging.”
Democrats’ Tax Hikes Would Push Prices Even Higher:
- Democrats’ attacks on American-Made energy include $145 billion in taxes on American energy companies, workers, and consumers, killing over 1 million jobs, raising fuel prices, and leaving America more dependent on foreign oil.
- President Biden’s tax hikes would slash low- and middle-income earners’ wages and destroy at least 138,000 U.S. jobs, according to a study by the nonpartisan Tax Foundation.