In a series of letters to top officials, Ways and Means Republicans have laid the groundwork for an onslaught of investigations into the Biden Administration’s abuses of power. The Committee will track down the waste of taxpayer dollars, fight for transparency, and hold the Administration accountable for its unprecedented executive overreach.
Here’s how Republican Leader Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX) and Committee Republicans are leading the charge to hold the government accountable to the American people.
Tracking the waste, fraud, and abuse of taxpayer dollars.
Not only did President Biden’s nearly $2 trillion so-called COVID stimulus fuel 40-year high inflation, it wasted hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars – and to this day, Democrats don’t know how much of that amount has been stolen or improperly paid. Here’s what Republicans are focused on:
- A thorough accounting of where the tax dollars from President Biden’s $2 trillion so-called American Rescue Plan were sent. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- More information on the Biden Administration’s knowledge of pandemic-era unemployment fraud and efforts to recover stolen taxpayer dollars. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- All documents related to Democrats’ expanded, partisan child tax credit. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Fighting for transparency from the Biden Administration.
Democrats in Washington have provided cover for inexplicable actions that have put the Americans’ safety and privacy at risk. From states’ decisions that resulted in pandemic-related nursing home deaths, to the criminal leak of sensitive taxpayer data, the American people deserve answers. This is what Republicans are focused on in the fight for transparency:
- All documentation behind the IRS’s decision to send a mailer to 9 million families informing them they could be eligible to apply for tax credits just weeks before the midterm elections. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Information related to the IRS’s destruction of more than 30 million tax returns and an update on the agency’s historic backlog. Republicans have also sought information clarifying how the agency plans to use its $80 billion budget. CLICK HERE and HERE and HERE to learn more.
- An update on the Biden Administration’s investigation into the criminal breach of sensitive, private taxpayer data. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Data behind states’ decisions to require nursing homes to admit or re-admit COVID-19 infected residents. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Holding the Administration accountable for its unprecedented executive overreach.
Where the Biden Administration has been unwilling to work with Congress, they’ve taken matters into their own hands – including unilaterally re-writing Obamacare and making tax promises and trade waivers that benefit our foreign competitors. This is what Republicans are focused on:
- All documents justifying the Administration’s decision to violate a decade of legal implementation of Obamacare. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Information behind the Administration’s decision to surrender key medical technology to foreign competitors. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Revenue estimates and other documentation related to the Administration’s global tax surrender. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Several news outlets have covered Committee Republicans’ oversight efforts. Select news coverage is below:
“House Republicans are threatening to investigate the Treasury Department, if they win back the majority, over the mid-October timing of 9 million letters the Internal Revenue Service sent out reminding Americans of their eligibility for certain tax credits.”
“In a letter addressed to Yellen that was first obtained by FOX Business, House Ways and Means Republicans said there have been ‘numerous examples of misuse, fraud and abuse of funds’ stemming from the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan that Democrats signed into law in 2021 without any GOP votes. The spending bill included $1,400 stimulus checks for millions of Americans, as well as expanded unemployment benefits and about $500 billion in unfettered aid for state and local governments.”
“House Republicans […] asked the Treasury Department to preserve documents related to the administration’s fix of Obamacare’s ‘family glitch,’ preparing for an investigation of what they claim was an ‘illegal expansion’ of health coverage should the GOP regain control of the chamber in the midterms. In a letter to Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen obtained by POLITICO, Republicans on the Ways and Means Committee told the administration to save and share with the committee information related to the new rule, which extended health insurance subsidies to 1 million Americans.”
“Republicans on a key House committee are asking the Biden administration to retain documents relating to the waiver of intellectual property rules for Covid vaccines at the World Trade Organization. The request is a prelude to an investigation of the administration’s action if Republicans win control of the House in November, said a committee staffer, who spoke anonymously to detail policy plans. For months, GOP lawmakers have criticized the administration for not consulting with lawmakers on its decision to help broker a compromise to waive IP protections for Covid vaccines for developing nations, which they say will undermine U.S. pharmaceutical firms.”
Roll Call: House GOP wants answers on IRS leak
“House Ways and Means Republicans are renewing pressure on the Biden administration over a leak of taxpayer information to ProPublica last year, urging the Treasury Department to provide more public information on an investigation into the unauthorized disclosure.”