(Another) Month of Historic Growth
The American economy is experiencing a blue-collar boom thanks to Republican policies. Let’s take a quick look at what our workers experienced just this past month.
- Strong job growth. The U.S. economy added 225,000 jobs in January, soaring past expectations of 158,000.
- More people joined the workforce. The labor force participation rate ticked back up to its highest point since 2013. That means people are moving off the sidelines and into good-paying jobs.
- Paychecks growing faster than at any time under the Obama administration. Wages grew in January at a yearly rate of 3.1 percent. Wage growth never surpassed the 3 percent mark under the previous administration.
And that was from just one report!
- Americans are financially optimistic. Workers’ take on their personal financial situation has reached its highest point since Fleetwood Mac released their seminal 1976 hit album, “Rumours.”
- Americans are economically optimistic. Families haven’t reported a higher level of confidence in the economy since the turn of the century, when our biggest problem looked like it would be the Y2K bug.
- Americans are personally optimistic. Gallup reports that 90 percent of Americans are satisfied with their personal life.
These are results that you can’t rip up. As Ways and Means Republican Leader Kevin Brady (R-TX) said on Fox Business this morning, “We know that when you have a Republican President like Donald Trump and a Republican Congress, you see stronger economic growth.”
Republicans are committed to building on that growth.
Remember: Democrats spent months, if not years, on impeachment and all they got was a trial where their witnesses couldn’t even agree on a story. Maybe it’s time they joined with Republicans in delivering real results like the ones we’re seeing today.