American families are paying on average more than $4 a gallon, with the price of gas up nearly 50 percent from last year.
While Democrats continue to pass the buck for 40-year-high inflation, they’re also gaming out more gas gimmicks, like a “gas tax holiday” and Biden Bucks “gas cards,” all of which would do nothing to address rising energy costs.
Rising Costs Are a Crisis for Working Families and Main Street.
- Gasoline prices are up more than 18 percent from February.
- With prices going up three times faster than paychecks, at least 62 percent of American families say their incomes can’t keep up.
- More than 60 percent of American job creators are worried Bidenflation will close down their business.
Democrats Worsened This Energy Crisis.
- President Biden’s first executive order killed the Keystone XL Pipeline, contributing to the massive spike in energy prices.
- By banning new oil and gas leasing on federal land at the behest of Green New Deal enthusiasts, President Biden attacked blue-collar workers and their families by making energy less affordable.
Democrats Gas Gimmicks Won’t Blunt Rising Energy Costs.
- As reported by Axios, even some Democrat officials worry Biden Bucks “gas cards” could “worsen inflation” without lowering costs.
- Analysis by the San Francisco Fed found that President Biden’s trillions in stimulus spending fueled the inflation fire.
Democrats’ Green New Deal Tax Hikes Will Make Matters Worse.
- In their attempt to revive the President’s $5 trillion tax-and-spend bill, Democrats want to give away $550 billion in green welfare subsidies to special interests and the wealthy – literally sending government checks to the Top 1 percent and the biggest corporations.
- Wealthy individuals with up to $500,000 in income would enjoy green subsidies, including a $12,500 check to buy a luxury electric vehicle.
Bottom Line: It’s Time to Unleash American Energy Production.
- If Democrats wanted to get serious about addressing 40-year high inflation and the skyrocketing price of gas, they would stop the gimmicks and work with Republicans to address rising energy costs by: