“Starting on day one of a Republican majority, we will work tirelessly to deliver an economy that’s strong, a country that’s safe, a future that’s built on freedom, and a government that’s accountable — that’s our Commitment to America,” writes Ways and Means Member Rep. Greg Murphy (R-NC) in an op-ed for the North State Journal highlighting Republicans’ Commitment to America.
Democrats refuse to hold Washington accountable, allowing government agencies to trample over American families and workers.
- “Under Democrats’ one-party control of Washington, our economy is in the gutter; the cost of groceries, gasoline and everyday services has skyrocketed; crime is surging; and the southern border is wide open.”
- “President Biden’s reckless spending has caused inflation to skyrocket from 1.4 percent to a record 8.3% in less than two years. As a result, millions of hardworking American families are suffering under 40-year record-high inflation — and the average family is spending $717 more each month to buy the same goods and services as last year.”
- “The Biden administration has leveraged its political power to enact a far-left radical agenda at the expense of the American people. So far, this administration has not been held accountable for any of its self-inflicted disasters, from the horrific Afghanistan withdrawal to the unprecedented border crisis.”
Republicans are committed to an economy that’s strong for American families and workers.
- “House Republicans will build an economy that is strong. That means reducing wasteful government spending, cutting taxes and unleashing American innovation.”
- “Our plan would also require the Biden administration to embrace an all-of-the-above energy approach to reduce our dependency on foreign nations and power our economy with American-made energy. Reestablishing American energy independence will go a long way to improve access to secure, reliable energy and lower costs for American families.”
Republicans’ Commitment to America includes the promise to conduct rigorous oversight to rein in government abuse of power, and to provide real transparency.
- “When Republicans take control in January, we will exercise congressional oversight to restore the people’s voice and give Americans answers about the origins of COVID-19, the politicization of the DOJ and FBI, and so much more.”