POLL: As Biden-Flation Accelerates, Majority of Americans Are Bracing for Even Higher Prices Ahead
As price hikes continue to accelerate, nearly 90 percent of Americans report they’ve taken up bargain-hunting, as three in four Americans say they’re cutting back on dining out, entertainment, and other planned-purchases, according to a recent poll.
This comes as at least 30 percent of households report price hikes have caused “major financial stress.”
The poll also found:
- Americans brace for more pain at the pump: Nearly 60 percent of people say they’re driving less, while also trying to minimize their electricity use.
- Workers take on a second gig: As a result of higher prices, at least 30 percent of workers say they have taken on a second job or put more hours on the clock.
- Paychecks are falling further behind: Only 57 percent of Americans report having “just enough” to maintain their current standard of living, while 20 percent say they’re falling further behind.
- Low-income Americans suffer the most: At least 54 percent of Americans with household incomes below $50,000 say rising prices are a source of “major financial stress.”
CLICK HERE to view the poll.
American families are suffering.
- The latest inflation report showed that the typical family is now having to spend about $450 more per month to buy the same goods and services they did a year ago.
- As reported by The Washington Post, one Kentucky resident has stopped eating meat, is cutting back her water consumption, and limiting her trips to the store to save on gas: “‘We’re cutting back on everything — and I mean everything […] ‘Gas, meat, bread, it’s all expensive […]. One moment you think you can afford to buy something, then you go to the store and it’s like, ‘Nope, can’t get that anymore either.’”
READ: Accelerating Inflation Hits Americans: “I’m More Concerned With Feeding My Family”
READ: Poll: Blaming Biden-Flation, Majority of Americans Are Pessimistic About Economy
Democrats’ $2 trillion “stimulus” fueled the inflation fire.
- Inflation has increased since the day President Biden took office in January 2021, and began its rise to the fastest rate in 40-years directly after Democrats rammed through their partisan $2 trillion so-called COVID stimulus.
- A San Francisco Federal Reserve analysis shows that the U.S. is leading the world on inflation due in part to President Biden’s stimulus.
READ: Fact Check: Debunking Six Misleading Inflation Claims
READ: Fact Check: Democrats’ Bidenflation Denial
President Biden doesn’t have a plan to fight inflation.
- From denying inflation and claiming it was “temporary,” to passing the buck with “Putin’s Price Hike,” the White House and congressional Democrats are out of touch with the challenges Americans face.
- Their so-called solutions, including partisan gimmicks and crippling tax hikes would make matters worse.
READ: No, Mr. President Your Policies Have Not “Helped” The Economy
READ: President Biden Doesn’t Have a Plan to Fight Inflation