A Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings will cost families 20 percent more this year compared to last year, with the price of a 16-pound turkey averaging nearly $30. According to the American Farm Bureau survey, Thanksgiving’s feast is up nearly 37 percent from 2020.
Instead of addressing Americans’ recession and inflation concerns, the White House has doubled down on their failed economic policies. Americans need real relief from inflation, which is why Republicans are committed to delivering an economy that’s strong.
Thanksgiving trimmings gobble up more of workers’ paychecks.
- Families on average will spend $64.05, or 20 percent more than last year, on a classic Thanksgiving feast for 10.
- In 2020, families spent closer to $46.90 on a classic Thanksgiving dinner.
- A recent inflation report found that food consumed at home is up 12 percent.
American families are suffering in Biden’s cruel economy.
- Unable to make ends meet, over the summer, American households took on $351 billion in debt – the largest increase since 2007.
- Inflation and recession fears are prompting more than three in four families to make significant lifestyle changes – like delaying major purchases or cutting back on holiday spending.
- Families are worried about how they’ll heat their home, as energy bills skyrocket to the highest prices in 25 years.
Republicans will hold the Biden Administration accountable and deliver a stronger economy.
- Ways and Means Republicans have vowed to track down the waste of taxpayer dollars, fight for transparency, and hold the Administration accountable for its unprecedented executive overreach.
- From making the historic GOP tax cuts permanent, to rolling back burdensome federal regulations, Republicans are committed to creating a stronger economy for American workers.