Reps. Kevin Brady (R-TX), Ways and Means Republican Leader, and Mike Kelly (R-PA), top Republican for the Select Revenue Measures Subcommittee, announced today they will host a meeting titled “Biden’s Crippling Tax Hikes Will Decimate Americans’ Shrinking Paychecks” on Wednesday, May 4, at 12 PM EDT.
The meeting will feature a discussion on issues confronting working families, including 40-year high inflation, the labor shortage, and bungled supply chains.
Republicans have answers to help Americans have a more stable and prosperous future by making tax reform permanent, creating jobs, and promoting “Made in America” manufacturing.
- Scott Hodge, President, The Tax Foundation
THEMES FOR MEETING:
- Bidenflation is surging, and now Democrats want crippling tax hikes.
- President Biden’s latest budget proposes $2.5 trillion in new taxes that hike the U.S. tax rates to the worst in the developed world and hit working families and Main Street job creators hardest.
- Experts agree Washington spending fueled inflation and has the economy shrinking towards a recession.
- 40-year high inflation tax slashes workers’ wages: Higher taxes will result in even higher prices for consumers, when American families already paid a $5,000 inflation tax in 2021.
- Tax hikes send jobs and investment fleeing overseas: Small businesses are still desperate to fill openings after President Biden discouraged work. A new study by the Tax Foundation found that President Biden’s tax hikes would destroy at least 138,000 U.S. jobs.
- Made-in-America tax worsens supply chain crises: Democrats harmful Made-in-America tax exacerbates supply-chain disruptions, and sends U.S. jobs and investment overseas at a time when a majority of small businesses fear Bidenflation will close down their business.
This meeting will take place remotely via Cisco WebEx video conferencing.
Members of the public may view the meeting via live webcast available on the Ways and Means Committee Republicans YouTube page HERE.