Americans Brace for More Pain at the Pump
With gas prices hitting record highs for two weeks straight, more Americans are cutting back their travel plans ahead of Memorial Day weekend, as experts predict gas prices will surpass $6 per gallon by August.
Bloomberg reports that demand for gasoline is down to its lowest level for this time of year since 2013, the last time President Biden was in the White House. Last month, 84 percent of American families reported they were cutting out normal household expenses to combat rising costs.
Meanwhile, Senate Democrats are pushing more gimmicks and tax hikes while the Biden Administration is touting higher gas prices as “an incredible transition” that will result in less dependence on fossil fuels.
As Democrats Attack American-Made Energy, Americans Suffer:
- Skyrocketing gas prices will now cost the average American household an extra $2,000 per year. Just this year, Americans will spend $5,000 on gas, a 78 percent increase from a year ago.
- Nearly two-thirds of Americans say rising gas prices have prompted them to cut household expenses, according to a recent survey.
- One New Jersey resident shared that he has started walking to get his groceries to avoid paying higher gas costs.
READ: POLL: 65 Percent of Americans Can’t Keep Up with Bidenflation, As President’s Approval Rating Hits New Low
Democrats Have Worsened the Energy Crisis:
- The first step President Biden took in office was canceling the Keystone XL pipeline and freezing leases for new exploration.
- Earlier this month the Biden Administration canceled oil and gas lease sales in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico.
- The Biden Administration also drained our Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) to its lowest level since 1987. As one expert pointed out, since President Biden started releasing oil from the SPR, oil prices are up 41 percent and diesel is up 52 percent.
READ: FACT CHECK: The Real Reason Behind High Energy Costs
Democrats’ Tax Hikes Would Push Prices Even Higher:
- Democrats’ “War on Energy” includes $145 billion in taxes on American energy companies, workers, and consumers, killing over 1 million jobs, raising fuel prices, and leaving America more dependent on foreign oil.
- President Biden’s tax hikes would slash low- and middle-income earners’ wages and destroy at least 138,000 U.S. jobs, according to a new study by the nonpartisan Tax Foundation.
READ: ONE PAGER: If Fighting Inflation is Dems’ Top Priority, Why Won’t They Work With GOP?