Republican Leader of the Ways and Means Committee Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX) today sent a letter to Ways and Means Chairman Richard Neal (D-MA) outlining how working women and families are suffering in President Biden’s economy.
In the letter, Rep. Brady wrote:
“Under President Biden, working women haven’t had it this bad in decades. And with a looming recession, real wages shrinking, and even higher gas prices ahead, it looks to be getting worse.
“Republicans are ready to work with Democrats to find common ground on an issue everyone can agree on – improving the lives of working families. Unfortunately, we have found little opportunity to do that work.”
CLICK HERE to read the full letter.
Biden-Flation has made life harder for women and working families.
- Workers’ wages have dropped nearly four percent since President Biden took office, and the majority of Americans anticipate inflation will only get worse.
- Concerned with putting food on the table, low-income families are having to choose between their preferred household items and more generic options.
- Gas prices have more than doubled since President Biden took office, prompting nearly two thirds of Americans to cut household expenses.
Democrats’ so-called solutions would make matters even worse.
- Independent experts found Democrats’ “Toddler Tax” raises child-care costs on working families by $13,000 to $27,000 a year, depending on the state.
- From denying inflation and claiming it was “temporary,” to passing the buck with “Putin’s Price Hike,” the White House and congressional Democrats are out of touch with the challenges Americans face.
- Democrats refuse to acknowledge how their policies have gotten us into this mess, offering only partisan gimmicks and crippling tax hikes.
Republicans have a record of delivering results for America’s working families.
- Republicans on the Ways and Means and Education and Labor Committees have proposed the Protecting Worker Paychecks and Family Choice Act – an alternative to Democrats’ top-down approach to family leave and child care – that is very popular with the American people.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) worked for working families, with nearly 40 million families benefiting from the increase in the GOP-expanded child tax credit.
- Republicans have also outlined six steps to fight Biden-Flation, from cutting wasteful spending and red tape, lowering taxes, boosting investment, and unleashing American energy.